I think we are all pretty much infatuated with this yummy chocolately hazelnut spread! I would be lying if I didn’t admit to eating a spoonful of Nutella here and there. Who can blame me? It’s so delicious and creamy. Plus, it goes with everything! Enter these amazing and simple Nutella S’mores Cups!
These Nutella S’mores cups are basically a combination of everyone’s favorite campfire treat and flaky crescent rolls. You may be wondering if it’s meant to be a breakfast item or a fancy dessert. The truth is, it’s perfect for just about any occasion you can think of! It’s sweet, and eating it for breakfast isn’t the worst way to start the day. 😀
This rich nutella dessert couldn’t be any easier. All you need to create these Fudgy Nutella S’mores Cups is 30 minutes and three ingredients – Nutella, mini marshmallows and crescent dough.
My initial plan was to just roll them up as crescents, but I wanted something a little cuter, so I smooshed the dough into muffin pans, and they were perfect for stuffing with Nutella!
When you’re working with Nutella, there’s no need to complicate things…the flavor definitely stands on its own, so I kept things super simple here. Just the “cup” itself and some marshmallows on top for additional gooeyness.
How To Make Nutella S’mores Cups
While these Nutella cups look fancy, they are absolutely super simple to make! You can have a batch made in under 20 minutes and be digging into that melted goodness in no time.
First Step: Prepare a muffin pan by greasing it with melted butter. Warm the oven up to 375 degrees F.
Second Step: Using a container of refrigerated crescent dough, unroll it and put one triangle per muffin tin. Take your fingers and shape the triangle to form a cup and then push on the dough to put it into place.
NOTE: Use most of the crescent dough on the sides and keep the bottom layer very thin, so it bakes more evenly.
Third Step: Put the muffin tin in the oven and bake for seven minutes.
Fourth Step: Take the pan out of the oven and allow it to cool for two minutes. Then add one tablespoon of Nutella into each of the muffin cups.
NOTE: If you notice that some of the cups have closed, use a spoon to make room to add the Nutella.
Fifth Step: Add one tablespoon of mini marshmallows to each muffin tin. Bake them for seven more minutes or until you notice the marshmallows are the brownish color you prefer.
Meal Prep Instructions:
These Nutella cups are best when they are warm and just come out of the oven. However, you can save them in the refrigerator for up to three days. Just keep them in an airtight container and away from any kind of heat source until you are ready to serve them.
Right before serving, place the s’mores cups on a microwave-safe plate and warm them up for 10-15 seconds. They heat up quickly, so you don’t want to warm them for too long at a time. Plus, the marshmallow will puff up pretty big if it heats too long.
Can You Freeze Nutella S’mores Cups?
Yes, you can actually freeze these. Marshmallows do end up a little extra chewy when they are frozen, but if you thaw them all the way, it works great. I would warm them up in the microwave or put them back in the oven for a couple of minutes before serving. This way, they are warm and melted when you are ready to serve them.
Nutella S’mores Cups Variations
You can try out so many different flavors in these cups! It’s incredible all the combinations you can try to make some yummy and fabulous desserts.
- Hershey Bars – Use some chopped up candy bars and put in the cups with the Nutella or without. Hershey bars are rich and amazing milk chocolate to take them to the next level.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – Put a mini or full-sized peanut butter cup in the muffin cup. There is nothing better than melted chocolate and peanut butter, then adding a marshmallow makes it double amazing.
- Peanut Butter – Add a dollop of peanut butter to each cup before adding the Nutella. The flavors mix well together.
- Strawberries – Dice up some fresh strawberries and sprinkle them into the cups. It gives a lovely sweetness and a splash of color.
- Chocolate Chips – Sprinkle in some white, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate chips on top of the layer of Nutella. Gives some extra goodness in every bite.
- Peanut Butter Chips – Toss in a few peanut butter chips with the Nutella. You will be amazed by how fantastic the combination is.
- Cinnamon & Sugar – Mix together some cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on the cups on top of the marshmallows. Cinnamon is heavenly with Nutella!
More Drool-worthy Desserts For You To Try
I love desserts, especially when they have Nutella or chocolate. I have found some terrific ones you are sure to fall in love with.
Mess-Free Microwave S’mores Bites – Much like these S’mores cups, you can enjoy S’mores bites all year long. You don’t have to wait for chilly nights around the campfire. You just need a few simple ingredients and a microwave.
Simple & Sweet Nutella No-Bake Chex Mix Bites – You can quickly whip up a batch of these tasty treats in less than 30 minutes. They are decadent and so simple to make.
Nutella No-Bake Crackers – I love the small, bite sized crackers. It has the right balance of salty and sweet and is easily one of my favorite Nutella desserts.
Double Chocolate Espresso Cake Mix Cookies – These cookies are dreamy, full of chocolate, and perfect for all occasions. It’s nearly impossible to eat just one because they are that heavenly!
Avocado Brownies – These avocado brownies are one of the best desserts ever. It’s rich and has the perfect amount of intense chocolate flavor.
Fudgy Nutella S’mores Cups
- 2 8 oz. cans Buttery Crescent Roll Dough
- 12 tbsp Nutella
- 12 tbsp Mini Marshmallows heaping
- Melted Butter for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease the muffin pan with melted butter.
- Unroll crescent dough and place a single triangle piece into a muffin tin. Use your fingers to form the cup and smash the dough into place.
- Bake for seven minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for about two minutes.
- Place one tbsp of nutella in the center of each cup.
- Cover with the mini marshmallows.
- Bake until the marshmallows have browned to your desired shade. This should take 5-7 minutes (unless you like the REALLY toasty!)
Let me know if you want to see more nutella recipes in the future…always looking for an excuse to buy some more!