These dreamy Nutella S’mores Cups are the perfect treat when you don’t have time to go camping. Flaky crust, decadent chocolate, and toasted marshmallows are a chocolate lovers dream all in under 20 minutes.
These S’mores cups are basically a combination of everyone’s favorite campfire treat and flaky crescent rolls. You may be wondering if it’s meant to be a breakfast item or a fancy dessert. The truth is, it’s perfect for just about any occasion you can think of! It’s sweet, and eating it for breakfast isn’t the worst way to start the day. 😀
My initial plan was to just roll them up as crescents, but I wanted something a little cuter, so I smooshed the dough into muffin pans, and they were perfect for stuffing with Nutella!
When you’re working with Nutella, there’s no need to complicate things…the flavor definitely stands on its own, so I kept things super simple here. Just the “cup” itself and some marshmallows on top for additional gooeyness.
🍽️ Why This Recipe Works
Easy to make – This rich Nutella dessert couldn’t be any easier. All you need to create these cups is 20 minutes and three ingredients – Nutella, mini marshmallows, and crescent dough.
Made in just 30 minutes – There isn’t much needed for prepping or cooking these. I love how quickly you can throw them together!
Great for parties – Shock your dinner guests when you bring out a platter of these beauties. They are irresistible and will please your guests.
Now is the time to try this ultimate dessert recipe. It will satisfy all of your cravings and is perfect for all occasions.
Crescent Roll Dough: The buttery taste of the crescent roll dough is so amazing with the Nutella and marshmallow.
Nutella: You will need 12 tablespoons, and I won’t tell anyone if you sneak another spoonful or two. Don’t forget to lick the spoon.
Mini marshmallows: They give you the right amount of sweetness to top off this delicious Nutella dessert.
While these look fancy, they are absolutely simple to make! Make a batch made in under 20 minutes and be digging into that melted goodness in no time.
Step One: Prepare a muffin pan by greasing it with melted butter. Warm the oven up to 375 degrees F.
Step Two: Unroll a container of refrigerated crescent dough, and put one triangle section in each muffin tin. Use your fingers to shape the triangle to form a cup, and then push on the dough to keep it in place.
NOTE: Use most of the crescent dough on the sides and keep the bottom layer very thin, so it bakes more evenly.
Step Three: Put the muffin tin in the oven and bake for seven minutes.
Step Four: Take the pan out of the oven and allow it to cool for two minutes. Then, add one tablespoon of Nutella into each of the muffin cups.
NOTE: If you notice that some of the cups have closed, use a spoon to make room. By time you add the other ingredients, you won’t be able to tell you had to do that.
Step Five: Add one tablespoon of mini marshmallows to each muffin tin. Bake them for seven more minutes or until you notice the marshmallows are browning.
🥘 Meal Prep
This dessert is best served when they are warm and just come out of the oven. However, you can save them in the refrigerator for up to three days. Just keep them in an airtight container until you are ready to serve.
Right before serving, place the s’mores cups on a microwave-safe plate and warm them up for 10-15 seconds. They heat up quickly, so you don’t want to warm them for too long at a time. Plus, the marshmallow will puff up pretty big if it heats too long.
📌 Expert Tips
- To allow the cups to bake evenly, be sure to only add a very thin layer of crescent dough on the bottom. You can bulk up the sides with the dough.
- Sometimes the crescent rolls will close up as they bake. If this happens, it’s not a big deal. Just take a spoon to open them back up and add in the Nutella.
- Don’t overbake the cups, or they will turn out too dry and may break apart.
Try out the many different flavors for these cups! It’s incredible how many combinations you can try to make some yummy and fabulous desserts.
- Hershey Bars – Use some chopped up candy bars and put in the cups with the Nutella or without. Hershey bars are rich and the amazing milk chocolate takes them to the next level.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – Put a mini peanut butter cup in the muffin tin. There is nothing better than melted chocolate and peanut butter, then adding a marshmallow makes it double amazing.
- Peanut Butter – Add a dollop of peanut butter to each cup before adding the Nutella. The flavors mix so well together.
- Strawberries – Dice up some fresh strawberries and sprinkle them into the cups. It gives a lovely sweetness and a splash of color.
- Chocolate Chips – Sprinkle in some white, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate chips on top. It gives some extra goodness in every bite.
- Peanut Butter Chips – Toss in a few peanut butter chips with the Nutella. You will be amazed by how fantastic the combination is.
- Cinnamon & Sugar – Mix together some cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on the cups on top of the marshmallows. It is heavenly!
🥄 Recipe FAQs
Yes, you can actually freeze these. Marshmallows do end up a little extra chewy when they are frozen, but if you thaw them all the way, it works great. I would warm them up in the microwave or put them back in the oven for a couple of minutes before serving. This way, they are warm and melted when you are ready to serve them.
Sure! You can exchange it for Hershey’s or any other kind of chocolate you like. We can never get enough of that hazelnut chocolatey goodness.
Eat them at room temperature or heat them up. They are good either way if you ask me. To warm them up, put them on a plate and heat them for 10-15 seconds in the microwave. They warm up super fast, so don’t go too long.
Three Ingredient Nutella S’mores Cups
- 2 8 oz Buttery Crescent Roll Dough can
- 12 tbsp Nutella one for each muffin tin cup
- 12 tbsp Mini Marshmallows heaping
- Melted Butter for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease the muffin pan with melted butter.
- Unroll the crescent dough and place a single triangle piece into each muffin tin cup. Use your fingers to form the cup and smash the dough into place.
- Bake for seven minutes.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and let it cool for about two minutes.
- Place one tablespoon of Nutella in the center of each cup.
- Cover with the mini marshmallows.
- Bake until the marshmallows have browned to your desired shade. This should take 5-7 minutes (unless you like the REALLY toasty!)