This Vegetarian Spinach Alfredo Pizza is creamy, gooey, and cheesy. Best of all, this easy recipe is ready in under 20 minutes.
Today I’ll be using the new Bertolli Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce to create this yummy pizza, but you should pick up the sauce you love. It’s a simple recipe that packs a ton of flavor. Since you use a jarred sauce as your base, you know this is going to be simple and easy.
This recipe is fantastic for busy families on the run. With less than 30 minutes from start to finish, this is a great way to have a semi-homemade meal on crazy weeknights. Play with this recipe a bit to fine tune the sauce/cheese combo your family loves so you can have a simple meal in your back pocket for those busy nights.
🍽️ Why This Recipe Works
It’s fast to make – Throw this spinach pizza together in under 30 minutes! It’s perfect when you need something quick and easy to make during those busy nights.
It is versatile – We use a pre-made pizza crust, but you could also use your favorite homemade pizza crust recipe. Adjust the toppings for what you have on hand!
Inexpensive – If you ever order pizza at your local pizza parlor you know how expensive it can be. Because there is no meat on it and it uses basic ingredients, it’s much cheaper than ordering out!
Ingredients on hand – This is one recipe that you can buy on the weekend for NEXT Friday night without worrying it will go bad. The Boboli crust lasts weeks along with the cheese, so you can buy these ingredients even if you do a monthly grocery run.
I want to take a moment to discuss the ingredients in this pizza recipe. Here are the main ones:
Pizza Crust: We love using a pre-made pizza crust because it saves lots of time and energy. Make a homemade crust if you have the time, but this is meant to serve families on the go!
Alfredo Sauce: One of the reasons this Alfredo pizza is so incredible is because of this insanely good sauce! It’s flavorful and easy to work with. Definitely choose a variety that is made with organic ingredients.
Cheese: We enjoy a combination of shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese. To mix things up, add some shredded gouda, Swiss, or cheddar. Your pizza will be completely different depending on what cheese you use.
This pizza is AMAZING. It’s definitely an indulgence. It’s creamy, gooey and saucy. And considering the amount of creamy cheesy ingredients in this recipe, the spinach holds its own pretty well.
Step One: Turn on the oven to 450 degrees. Make sure when using a super hot oven temp like this, you know your oven temperature is accurate. Use an oven thermometer, if possible so your food won’t burn.
Step Two: Heat ½ tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add in the spinach and sauté for 30 seconds. Mix in the Alfredo sauce. Combine and heat for one minute and set aside.
Step Three: Put the pizza crust on a pan and brush the edges of the pizza with olive oil.
Step Four: Spread out the spinach mixture on the center of the crust.
Step Five: Sprinkle the parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top. Add a few more spinach leaves.
Step Six: Bake the pizza in the oven for 12-14 minutes at 450 degrees until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
📌 Expert Tips
- Adjust the amount of sauce. We use one cup normally, but you can go down to ½ cup to cut some of the calories.
- Use your own pizza crust recipe if you have the time.
- Don’t over bake the pizza, or it won’t be near as delicious as it should be.
- Add any of your favorite toppings like mushrooms, peppers, onions, arugula, and anything else you enjoy.
Absolutely! There are some amazing red sauces out there or you can make your own. Use whatever you like, and you can’t go wrong.
We love the flavor combination of mozzarella and parmesan, but you can certainly use other cheese. Cheddar, asiago, provolone, and gorgonzola would all be pretty yummy options.
Oh yes! We enjoy a meatless meal here and there, but sometimes we will add some meat to it. I prefer grilled chicken. Sausage, pepperoni, or other meats would also work well.
After the pizza has cooked and cooled, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It’s important to let it cool before putting it away, or the crust will get soggy.
I recommend heating it back up in the oven to crisp back up the crust. 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes will work great. If you have a toaster oven or air fryer, that works great as well.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Spinach Alfredo Pizza Recipe
- 1 Pre-made Pizza Crust I used Boboli but use what you like
- 1 cup Alfredo Sauce I used Bertolli but use what brand you like
- 1 cup Baby Spinach plus several reserved for garnish
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Heat ½ tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat in a sauce pan. Add spinach. Sauté for about 30 seconds. Add in the creamy Alfredo sauce. Mix and heat through for one minute. Set aside.
- Place pizza crust on pizza pan and brush the edges with ½ tbsp olive oil.
- Spread the spinach Alfredo mixture over the center of the crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top. Finish by placing individual spinach leaves on top½.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes at 450F. **Watch your pizza closely**