This Air Fryer Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla recipe is going to give you the same flavors as as the restaurant, but made at home in just 15 minutes. This is a great lunch or dinner to serve up your family or friends. The Homemade Taco Bell sauce brings the ultimate flavor!
Taco Bell’s chicken quesadillas are one of my favorite items on their menu. The crispy flour tortilla is filled with diced chicken and cheese – of course!.
If you love them too, save some money and make them at home for a fraction of the price, and you will have a few leftover for enjoying later.
🐔 Why This Works
- It’s Taco Bell! 😀
- Crispy tortilla shell
- Quick to cook
- Feeds a crowd
- Great way to use leftover chicken
- You can control how hot or mild your chicken quesadillas are
Grab my air fryer cheat sheet printable to help know how long to cook foods in your air fryer!
- Garlic Powder
- Jalapeño + Jalapeño Juice
- Cayenne Pepper
- Sliced Cheese
- Cooked Chicken
- Flour Tortilla
- Shredded Cheese
Step One: Mix the sauce for your quesadillas. Mix the mayonnaise, jalapeños, jalapeño juice, and seasonings together in a bowl.
Step Two: Lay a flour tortilla out flat. Place some shredded cheese on half of the tortilla. Add on the sliced cheese as well.
Step Three: Place the chopped chicken on the cheese side, and smear sauce on the other side of the quesadilla.
Step Four: Fold it in half and place it in the air fryer to cook at 370 degrees for three minutes.
Step Five: Flip the quesadilla and finish cooking to crisp up the other side.
Step Six: Serve!
These are best served warm fresh from the air fryer. If you happen to have extras, allow them to cool a bit and then place them in an airtight container.
They will store for 2-3 days in the fridge. To reheat, place in the air fryer to reheat. That will keep the tortilla nice and crispy. Or opt to heat in the microwave for a quick reheat.
🍽️ Expert Tips
- Use a taco seasoned chicken, leftover rotisserie, or even chicken you pan sear in a skillet. Just make sure to chop the chicken up.
- Use mild jalapeños if you don’t like a lot of heat. Adjust the cayenne to lessen the spiciness as well.
- Flour tortillas are best! You can use a gluten-free version or even low carb tortillas. Just know that if you change the tortillas, you will adjust the flavor a bit.
- Use a toothpick to secure the quesadilla together if you find the air fryer is lifting it apart.
📌 Recipe FAQs
It is a creamy jalapeño sauce. Mayonnaise and jarred jalapeños are the stars.
Quesadillas can be filled with almost anything. For this recipe, I used chicken, sauce, and two varieties of cheese. Other recipes can use corn, beans, etc.
Consider adding some cilantro-lime rice, Mexican rice, guacamole, or the Air Fryer Taquitos. You will find you can pair these with almost anything. Don’t forget to make your own chips and salsa for a complete Taco Tuesday.
Lack of moisture is what can cause chicken to become rubbery. Just make sure when you cook it, you use oil, seasonings, etc.
Related Mexican Recipes
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Air Fryer Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla
- Air Fryer
- 5 Flour Tortillas
- 1 lb Chicken Breast cooked, sliced, and divided
- 2 ½ cups Cheddar & Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese divided
- 3 slices American Cheese
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Jalapeño Juice
- 2 tsp Jalapeños minced
- ⅓ cup Mayonnaise
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Mix the mayonnaise, jalapeño, jalapeño juice, and spices together in a mixing bowl until sauce is combined.
Prepare the Quesadilla
- Lay open one tortilla on a flat surface. Place half a cheese slice on one half of the tortilla. Cover the same side with ½ cup of shredded cheese.
- Place 5-6 slices of chicken on top of the cheese.
- Spread one tbsp of sauce on opposite side of tortilla.
- Fold it closed and cut it in half.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with oil and place the halved quesadillas in the basket. Lightly spray quesadilla with oil and cook on 370 for three mins, flip and cook for two more minutes.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for each tortilla.