This simple Breakfast Yogurt Parfait Meal Prep is an easy and budget-friendly make ahead breakfast to get you through the week. This inexpensive breakfast only needs four ingredients and five minutes to make.
If you’re looking for an easy breakfast idea, this meal prep idea will become one of your favorite ways to get you prepped for the week. It’s perfect for adults and kids alike – who doesn’t like parfaits, right? Meal Prep 101 suggests starting small and with one meal a week – this is a perfect recipe to jump start.
It’s basically dessert for breakfast, just a healthier version. If you’re looking for heartier breakfast meal prep ideas, try these vegetarian meal prep breakfast bowls, these freezer oatmeal cups, or these breakfast freezer meals.
Why This Recipe Works
It only takes five minutes – Throw this together quickly and have breakfast for the week.
Mix and Match – Swap and exchange the fruits as you see fit. It’s fun to make a variety of combinations to keep it interesting.
Healthy – This yogurt parfait recipe is very healthy for you. It’s filled with protein and lots of other nutrients.
There are only four basic ingredients in these meal prep parfaits. You can always add in extras. Let’s take a look:
Vanilla Yogurt: Use regular vanilla yogurt or opt for a Greek variety depending on your tastes. Other flavors would also be good, too, if you want even more variety. Alternatively, make your own yogurt in the Crockpot or Instant Pot.
Fruit: Blueberries and strawberries are always a hit with these meal prep parfaits. Swap it for other fruits that you have on hand. You can’t go wrong!
Vanilla Almond Granola: The granola gives the parfait an excellent crunchy element that is unbeatable. It’s so delicious, and you will love it. Buy pre-packaged granola or make your own like the Peanut Butter Cranberry or Gingerbread Granola for the holidays. Also think of substituting a homemade toasted Muesli in place of the granola.
Step One: Wash and slice the fruit and put them in on section of the meal prep container. Then add the granola.
Step Two: Add the yogurt to the largest compartment. Fill all the containers, cover and refrigerate them until you are ready to serve.
Step Three: When it is time to serve, spoon the granola and fruits into the yogurt and enjoy the sweet, crunchy breakfast parfait.
Customize your breakfast parfait however you’d like— here are some ideas for you to add.
- Fruit like strawberries, blueberries, grapes, etc. Be sure to use fruits that are likely to stay fresher longer.
- Granola, Nuts, Dried Cranberries, etc.
- Honey, Jam, etc.
- A spoonful of Nutella (learn to make your own in your air fryer!)
📌 Expert Tips
- Don’t overfill the yogurt side of your meal prep container! You’ll want to be able to scoop your other ingredients into it and mix them in without tiny pieces of granola flying everywhere because it’s too full.
- The yogurt parfaits will last up to three days in the fridge.
- Keep it cold until you are ready to serve.
The healthiness depends on what ingredients you add. If you fill it with lots of sugary items, it’s not going to be as healthy. Stick to whole fruits and yogurt that isn’t filled with refined sugars.
Make these with either Greek or regular yogurt. It’s fine to even use flavored yogurt if that is what you want.
The meal prep containers of the yogurt parfaits will last around three days. Just be sure to keep them cold until you are ready to eat them.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Yogurt Parfait Breakfasts
- 4½ cups Vanilla Yogurt
- 18 Strawberries
- 1½¾ cup Blueberries
- 1½ cup Vanilla Almond Granola
- Slice strawberries and place them in the small side of a segmented meal prep container, then place blueberries next to strawberries, then place granola next to the blueberries.
- Fill larger compartment with vanilla yogurt. Repeat process until all containers are full.
- When you are ready to serve, scoop the granola and fruit into the yogurt to create the parfait.