Like most folks, I have a few tried and true frugal recipes that I work into the meal plan fairly regularly. But when I get into a meal planning rut, I rely on my favorites almost a little too often.
The most difficult part of meal planning is taking the time to figure out what to make week after week in order to keep dinner time interesting, but within budget.
Photo Credit: © nickola_che / Dollar Photo Club
So I thought I’d save us both a little work and create a huge list of frugal recipe ideas that’ll help give us some inspiration and save a little time when creating our meal plans.
🍲 Dinner For All Occasions
I’ve combed through the ingredients list of every recipe below and included them in this list because I consider them to be frugal and have one or more of the following qualities:
– Interesting meal
– Low number of ingredients
– If high number of ingredients, most are herbs or spices
I’ve sectioned them off into categories to make browsing a bit easier. And I didn’t forget about my vegetarian friends – there’s a meatless section included as well!
Each recipe will have it’s own guidelines as to how to save and store leftovers, but I wanted to give you some general tips.
- Most leftovers will last in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Each recipe is a little different, and some ingredients may spoil faster than others. Use your best judgment.
- Making double batches and freezing the leftovers is a great way to save time and money later. You will always have meals to go and handy whenever you need them.
- Keep plenty of food storage containers on hand. You only want a glass or plastic containers that the lid fits snug. All food needs to be kept airtight until it’s time to serve.
There you have it! 100 Frugal Recipes! If you were to try every one of them, you would have over 3 months worth of recipes to try while sticking to a frugal budget. Combine some ingredients, shop for sales and prep freezer meals and you will be well on your way to saving a lot of money on your grocery bill.
If you are an uber planner here are a couple of great tools to help!
Our Organizational Binder has a Menu Planner and a Grocery List to print out and help you plan away!
Our Six Kitchen Printables is the MEGA set for you if you are a hardcore planner. You will love the pantry and refrigerator inventory to use before you plan your week’s grocery list.
If you love cheap vegetarian meals or have a dinner recipe that you love, please feel free to share it in the comments below! Even though 100 recipes is quite the list, it’s always great to have personal recommendations (since I obviously couldn’t have tried all 100 recipes myself!).