These Meal Prep Lunches will save you so much hassle and reduce morning stress! Plus you will be healthier and saving money!
Do you ever have those mornings when you wake up late and can’t decide what to grab for lunch? It can be super frustrating, and I almost always end up hitting a fast food place on those days. But, when I am prepared, I not only save myself time but lots of money too. You’ll be thanking yourself when you dig in and devour all these lovely lunch ideas.
I could go on and on about all the reasons why it’s a great idea to meal prep, but I want you to get to the tasty meal ideas too! I will keep it simple and give you the basic reasons why I believe that meal prepping is a huge game-changer. If you aren’t sold on the idea, just try it for one week and see how you feel afterward.
- It Is Frugal – I hate it that money is so much of a factor, but it’s the truth of the matter. Saving money isn’t always easy, but when it comes to food, eating at home is one of the easiest ways to cut back spending. Keep your pocketbook full and skip those drive-thru lines! One time I saw my husband’s lunch receipt was $12 for a weekday lunch and I knew I had to do something.
- Portion Control – I’ll admit, when I go to a fast-food chain and grab a burger and fries, I sometimes I eat more than I should. But when I make my own meals at home, I am way more likely to stick to my eating plan and eat smarter portions.
- You Know What’s In It – There aren’t any secret sauces or surprises when it comes to homemade meals. You know precisely what you are making and what ingredients you used. So, if you have food allergies or dietary restrictions, you don’t have to worry someone is messing up your order.
- You’ll Save Time – You can quickly make enough meals to last you for several days or longer. It’s much easier than cooking something every single day.
- The Meals Are Delicious – You can make food that is drool-worthy right in your own kitchen. What’s better than that?
🥄 The Best Containers
If you are going to take lunch, you need the containers. We’ve tried a lot of them over the years and have made a list of our go-to Meal Prep Containers that work the best.
I didn’t include my go-to that I use when I don’t care so much about the foods being mixed! I love the Rubbermaid sandwich containers! So silly, I’m sure but they never, ever leak and that is a huge factor for my husband who commutes…sometimes via car and sometimes via car, bus and metro all in one day. I need that container to never spill one bit! I buy a couple at a time and they last forever. The investment is huge on these.